Developing Visual Prolog with Agile-Team™
Visual Prolog programming language is the main platform of applications created by Prolog Development Center that supplies advanced scheduling systems and speech based applications for airlines and airports, manufacturing, retail and service businesses, larger public institutions all over the world.
A number of Visual Prolog programmers use the language for creating their own applications.
All these implies increased demands on quality and reliability of the language.
One of the things that make Visual Prolog a robust and fast developing language is developing Visual Prolog project on the base of Agile-Team™ project management tool that has for many years been used for project management and defect tracking of Visual Prolog project.
What is Agile-Team™?
Agile-Team™ is a flexible enterprise-class all-in-one product for supporting software development teams in the management of projects, tasks, time, resources, change requests, issues, bugs, software versions, a product knowledge base, and other development issues.
Agile-Team™ is a tool for agile project management developed by Prolog Development Center. Agile-Team™ is now provided by a spinoff company Agile-Team Aps.
How Agile-Team™ is used for Visual Prolog Development
With Agile-Team™ Visual Prolog team members:
- Have project plans automatically scheduled.
- Handle all tasks, bugs and issues in one common database.
- Estimate, track and report time.
- Easily and early spot if there are any overrun of projects in time or budget.
- Easily change priorities of tasks or projects, change resource allocations or add change requests.
- Collaborate no matter in what country they are working.
- Get workflow support from the moment a bug or an issue is reported by a customer to the moment, when a specific feature of new version is delivered.
- Give customers access to the product Knowledge Base.
Visual Prolog team members use Agile-Team™ in different ways depending on their role in the team.
Visual Prolog - Agile-Team™ Integration
Agile-Team™ gives customers a direct access from the Visual Prolog IDEmenu item) to the Visual-Prolog Knowledge Base that is automatically generated by Agile-Team™ from the product database. The Knowledge Base describes bugs and issues and their status in a specific version used by a customer.
Users of older versions of Visual Prolog can check whether a bug existing in their versions has been fixed in later releases.